Stamford Way Caravan Park - not just for anglers!
Annual Open Season: 31st March to 30th October 2023 with 28 pitches to accommodate Touring Caravans, Campervans, Motorhomes and Trailer Tents (sorry, no pitched tents)
To view availability and to book, please visit us on pitchup.com (opens a new window)
Each pitch offers electrical hook up and within short distance of all amenities and our 2 fishing pools (Twin Oaks). Fishing is available to campers' dawn till dusk with access to at least 1 pool at all times (unless otherwise stated). Campers can also take advantage of discounted rates for fishing at £6 per adult per day ticket (1 rod).
Our onsite cafe/coffee shop 'Castle Cafe' is open Tuesday to Sunday serves a wide range of hot and cold drinks (soft and alcohol) and freshly prepared food... see our Castle Cafe page for more details, menu and open times.
- 28 well maintained firm grassed pitches
- FREE van positioning on arrival
- Electrical hook up
- Water point
- Cold water pot wash station
- Chemical disposal point (non-bio chemical only)
- 2 toilet blocks with showers
- Baby Changing Unit
- Disabled toilet
- Onsite Cafe
- Small anciliary tackle & bait shop
£35 per pitch, per night - No membership required.
Late or last minute arrivals welcome, we will do our best to accommodate you. Call 01244 810743.
|Per Pitch, Per Night (from)||£35|
|Includes up to 2 adults
1 Car+Touring Caravan/Trailer Tent or Motorhome
Electrical hook up
Full use of shower and toilet facilities
No minimum night stay for 2023 (except bank/school holidays - see terms below)
(Discounted fishing - £8 pp/day ticket)
|Optional Extras (each, per night)|
|Awning (breathable ground required, strictly no carpets)||FREE|
|Child (0-12 yrs)||£3.50|
|Child (13-16 yrs)||£5.00|
|Additional Adult (17 yrs+)||£6.00|
"We are super excited to launch our new campsite but this is our first year of opening and would ask that you please bear with us while we settle in and find our feet. Our family business is brand new and we may not get everything right first time. If something doesn't meet your expectations, before you seek to tell the world, please talk to us first. Stamford Way is our dream and also our livelihood. Please understand, good customer satisfaction is paramount to our success and extremely important to us personally. We need and value your direct feedback to ensure we get it right and to continually improve so you want to revisit and be happy to recommend us to others"
Please feel free to get in touch any time to let us know how we're doing! Call in during opening times, email, call 01244 810743 or James directly on 07946 862078. Thank you.
Check availablility & to bookCall 01244 810743 or visit Pitchup
Campsite Booking, Terms & Conditions
- 3 night minimum stay on Easter Half Term, August Bank Holiday, Halloween & Bonfire weekends. If just transiting through on these dates and only 1 night required, please contact reception on the day to check for availability.
- Check in to the campsite together with details of departure will be arranged in advance.
- Late arrivals permitted but guests must vacate their pitch by 11am on day of departure.
- Maximum occupancy per pitch is one family (2 adults and children up to 16yrs, max 6 people) or 2 couples.
- If your party exceeds this limit you will need to book and pay for the appropriate number of pitches even if you are only using one caravan/motorhome/trailer tent.
- Awnings are permitted but you must use a breathable ground sheet, strictly NO CARPETS
- 1 car maximum per pitch, additional cars may be refused
- A deposit is required at the time of booking but we may require payment in full for peak times. You will be advised of the deposit required at the time of booking.
- Group bookings of more than 3 pitches travelling/staying together are not usually permitted for the same dates unless you are all also booked for a fishing match or festival (in which case please let us know when you book). If we become aware that you are booking multiple pitches for the same dates separately all the bookings may will be cancelled.
- Sorry, we cannot permit external visitors to the campsite. This is due to insurance implications and limited parking spaces available to patrons visiting the cafe and/or fishery
- No sign written vehicles
- £10 cash depsoit required for shower/toilet block key fob (fully refunded upon safe return when you leave)
Courtesy & Safety Rules
Due to the nature of angling, we have a few ground rules to ensure all guests enjoy the peace and tranquility of their stay.
- We have a strict no noise policy after 10pm. So if you're into late partying - this is not the site for you!
- We are a family orientated campsite but children must be accompanied by an adult around the fishing pools at all times
- Games/children playing must stay strictly within the campsite area
- We welcome well behaved dogs but they must be kept on leads within the site at all times. Mess must be cleared up immediately and placed in the allocated red bin provided.
- Please be mindful of litter and dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided, especially before departing.
- Cafe seating areas (indoors and outside) are strictly restricted for those dining/purchasing food at the Cafe
- Portable Gas BBQ's are permitted but sorry *no charcoal or disposable BBQ's
*This is why we have a strict 'no charcoal BBQ's' policy. Unfortunately the photos below show the heavy fire damage recently caused by improper disposal in a regular bin resulting in costly repairs to the bin and replacement of doors. As well as causing huge costs to our business, this kind of carelessness is extremely dangerous. The health and safety of our customers is paramount and taken very seriously here at Stamford Way and this action has resulted in a blanket ban of all charcoal BBQ's, fire pits etc.
If you have any questions or would like to check for availability/to book, please telephone 01244 810743.